What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

problems after update to 18.4.47.1962 with 2nd local IP

Votes:

Hello,

after upgrading to 18.4.47.1962, our PRTG-Installation fails to startup. Service "PRTG Core Server Service" tries to start - but not finishes startup. In serverlog, we can see, that all ports on the second IP of this NIC are occupied.

CheckPortIsFree: Port 8443 on <2nd ip> is occupied.. Waiting, retrying.. 
CheckPortIsFree: Port 8444 on <2nd ip> is occupied.. Waiting, retrying.. 
CheckPortIsFree: Port 8584 on <2nd ip> is occupied.. Waiting, retrying.. 

Then I tried to install from this https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/83364-update-from-18-1-36-not-possible but it did not solved my problem. Log filled up with same checkportisfree message.

Then I deleted the 2nd ip from my nic and restartet services - and it worked.

2ndip checkportisfree occupied

Created on Jan 31, 2019 7:42:39 AM

Last change on Jan 31, 2019 11:34:31 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

It seems that something blocks PRTG from opening any webports - any. Could you check if there is some kind of AntiVirus (or anything similar) installed? If so, please temporary stop these services and restart PRTG. Afterwards open the "PRTG Administration Tool" and check if the settings within the "Web Server"-tab are still correct.

Best regards.

Created on Jan 31, 2019 11:35:44 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Nope, this is a dedicated machine. there is no other software installed, than prtg. And the error is reproducible. When I add a second IP to my NIC, restart the machine, the error comes up. When I delete the second IP and restart the machine. The error is gone. After restarting I can readd the 2nd IP.

Created on Mar 22, 2019 9:26:07 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

After adding the second NIC, please open the "PRTG Administration Tool" and check if the settings within the "Web Server"-tab are still correct and what IPs are selected there.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 22, 2019 10:59:52 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.