What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

System restarts without notice

Votes:

I build a new EC2 out on AWS with nothing but Windows Server 2019 and PRTG. It worked fine for a couple days but now it is caught in an infinite restart loop. Here are the steps I performed:

1. Build new EC2 (server) with Windows Server 2019 2. Installed all windows updates, restarted. 3. Installed PRTG along with SSL certificate. 4. Configured a few devices with 2-3 sensors a piece. 5. Couple days later, the server started to automatically restart without warning.

After troubleshooting the issue, I thought I may have done something wrong...so, I terminated the box, build another one, followed the same steps above and I now have the same result.

So, now after looking at the Event Viewer for both System and PRTG Network Monitor, apparently I made a change that requires a "restart". Unclear if that means a service restart or a system restart?

However, I have turned off the Core and Probe services and the server has stopped restarting. I have no idea what I changed because it was 2 days ago.

Any idea what I could have changed that necessitates a restart of the server and/or services?

thanks,

Steve

prtg restart system

Created on Feb 7, 2019 2:58:09 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Steve,

We are not aware of an issue like this. I'll contact you via mail, so you can provide us with logs files for further investigation.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 12, 2019 5:55:34 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.