What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Why does my public map constantly refresh?

Votes:

When I access a public map without being logged in to the PRTG web interface, the map keeps constantly reloading. The issue has only occurred since I updated PRTG to version 19.1.48 or a later version.

Why does my public map keep on reloading? What can I do?

bug custom-map-object maps prtg public-maps

Created on Feb 8, 2019 5:45:08 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 11, 2019 11:08:00 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 19.1.48 or later

Fixing Constantly Reloading Public Maps

If you encounter public maps that are reloading all the time with a flashing error window after you updated PRTG from version 18.4.47 or previous but the map works fine if you are logged in to the PRTG web interface, the issue is probably caused by a custom map object.

The Data Tables map object Alarms (gauges) had a bug that became visible because of some other improvements we made for maps with PRTG 19.1.48. The bug in the standard map object is already fixed, but if you used the code of this object for a custom map object and have it on a public map, you will encounter the issue with reloading maps.

Solution

You have three options now:

• As quickest solution, remove your custom map object that uses alarm gauges from your map, or do not access affected maps without being logged in.
  • Create your custom map object anew and use the code of the Alarms (gauges) object that is delivered with PRTG 19.1.48 as template.
  • Add data-mapobj=”true” to the plugin_<@itemid> div section in the code of your map object. Note: This solution might work, but not in every case.
Note: We cannot support you in implementing custom map objects.

Created on Feb 8, 2019 5:48:20 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 11, 2019 11:12:55 AM by  Brandy Greger [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.