What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Detailed report about sensor parameter value

Votes:

I created the sensor from additional library for switch SF300. I added the sensor for hardware version (OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.6.1.101.2.11.1.0), boot image version (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.6.1.101.2.4.0) and date (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.6.1.101.2.16.1.1.6.1). As sensor it works fine - this means the last melding shows the value of the sensor. In my case it is: hardware version V02, Software 2.4.5.71 and date 04-NOV-2018.

So I tried to create the Report to show the values in the report. So in customized tabelar report I have: Device - Sensor Name etc. Mittelwert Gesamt Verfügbarkeit Ausfallzeit Gut Fehlgeschlagen

But I receive only the state, last response etc... BUT NOT THE VALUE.

How to get the value of the OID to have such list from one device. At the beginning only one. What method should I use to have such list from all switches? I mean about automatisation of the process...

snmp-custom-report snmp-custom-sensor snmp-oid-value

Created on Feb 11, 2019 7:42:11 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

PRTG only stores the numeric results from the channels, but will not save the sensor's status messages. As workaround you can use the option "If value changes > Trigger 'change' notification" and add a change trigger to this sensor. With this you can get notified if the corresponding value changes or write the result strings to a text file (e.g. with the "Execute Program" feature) in the notification template.

For any further questions or issues, we're glad to help.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 15, 2019 1:34:04 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.