- Customer writes his own Software in high-level-language (Java, C#)
- The software commands and benchmarks several parameter of a maschine
- Customer wants to monitor and plot values from this Software (different values of the commanded maschine)
What would be the best type of interface for communicating this Software with a probe? I had several Ideas, but not sure, what´s the "best" way:
- implement a full-blown-snmp-stack in software: --> oversized
- monitor the software via running a command on the software with different parameters: --> undersized?
- implement a HTTP/XML-interface: perhapps hard to manage?
What do you think?
Thanks and regards Ruediger