What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco IronPort

Votes:

Hello!

Can PRTG work directly with Cisco IronPort ESA (Email Security Appliance)? We want to monitor email queue on it.

Thank you!

cisco email prtg sensor

Created on Feb 11, 2019 12:52:16 PM

7 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Vasiliy,

Most likely Cisco has a MIB for it that provdes definitions for querying email queue and other metrics, then it can be integrated as described here.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Feb 12, 2019 1:51:46 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello! All parameters from Cisco IronPort can be monitored via PRTG with Cisco MIB-files which can be found on Cisco official web-sites. Already done this.

Created on May 13, 2019 2:53:02 PM

Votes:

I am trying to add our Ironport C170 with AsyncOS 11.0.3. We were able to add the mail counters in Solarwinds (our old SIEM). I think it used some Powershell stuff. Anyway, does anyone know how to add this into PRTG? I already imported the MiBs here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/email-security-appliance/tsd-products-support-series-home.htmlThanks!

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Created on Nov 5, 2019 9:57:14 PM

Votes:

Also, When I try to add the SNMP Library after importing the MiBs, I get an error: No such object (SNMP error # 222). Any ideas?

Created on Nov 6, 2019 12:41:57 AM

Votes:

Hello dawoof,

"no such object" comes up when those OIDs defined in the MIB are not found on the device, please verify that you have imported the correct MIB. You can also verify with our SNMP Tester using option "Scan OIDLIB" and run a scan with the OIDLIB against the device.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Nov 6, 2019 8:26:24 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Interesting. I may be doing something wrong here. If I import the two files provided by Cisco into the MIB Importer, I see a list in the left pane. If I click File -> Save Complete OIDBLIB, then run the 'scan OIDBLIB' in SNMP Tester, I see a short output list which ends with 'No OIDs Found'. If I do a walk of 1.3.6, I get a much larger list of OIDs. What am I missing here? Thanks for all the help everyone! PRTG is very new to me.

Created on Nov 6, 2019 8:26:57 PM

Votes:

Hello dawoof,

Sure, when a device has an SNMP implementation, you will get something when walking over 1.3.6, but when looking closer you will see that no OIDs are coming back that are defined inside the MIB/OIDLIB, which is why SNMP Tester's result is then "No OIDs found".

Check with the vendor if that is the correct MIB/if this particular device supports it or if it's maybe some additional configuration that's possibly required.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Nov 7, 2019 11:12:28 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.