What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I set a notification for software update to be sent to a specific email address?

Votes:

Hello everyone, I'm working on streamlining our experience with software updates. Currently it generates a ticket and sends an email to everyone in our admin group, roughly 8 people. I, however, am also wanting it to send an email to our local helpdesk so it generates a ticket that way I can see it and it doesn't get lost in the massive amount of PRTG email alerts we receive on a daily basis from sensors going up and down.

Is it possible to set a notification for it to send an email on available software updates only? I'm not wanting to include all the tickets it opens, just software updates. Thanks for the insight.

email notifications software-update

Created on Feb 11, 2019 8:33:20 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

In the end it comes to that it solely depends on the setting "I want to receive an email whenever a ticket changes" or you don't want them as those update nocitifcations are also only triggered by PRTG's internal ticketing and with the setting in your user account you can decide whether or not you want those. So this cannot be tweaked further, I'm afraid, like to received only particular notifications from the ticketing like for PRTG updates for example.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Feb 12, 2019 3:11:53 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.