What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor type SSH script

Votes:

Hello ,

how can i hide this text " # (Value) is above the error limit of 0 # in Value " when ssh script execute and return same data

hide prtg18 script ssh value

Created on Feb 12, 2019 12:52:35 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi Samir,

Could you please elaborate what exact value is returned by the script? Additionally, can you share the code which you wrote? This will allow us to determine how you can hide this text.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 13, 2019 11:30:28 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix ,

------------------------------------------
out=same script 

if      [ "$out" == "OK" ]
then
        echo '0:0:OK'
else
        echo "0:1:'$out'"
fi
--------------------------------------------
if out no ok 
PRTG message 
1 # (Value) is above the error limit of 0 # in Value ('reterned same data ' )

Created on Feb 18, 2019 5:20:47 AM

Last change on Feb 18, 2019 8:08:39 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Samir,

Please click on the channel in PRTG to open the channel settings. Are there any limits activated? If so, adjust these values so that the error limit of "0" does not trigger the alarm.

Kind regards,

Created on Feb 18, 2019 8:10:12 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, limits activated , I need it . Can I hide this message "1 # (Value) is above the error limit of 0 # in Value" ? it bothers me to read the notice

Created on Feb 20, 2019 10:20:13 AM

Votes:

Hi Samir,

If you open the channel settings page one more time, there is the option to adjust the Error Limit Message according to your needs.

Kind regards,

Created on Feb 20, 2019 12:15:38 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

it did not help . ssh script return some dynamic data on alert message execute will be very long 1 # (Value) is above the error limit of 0 # in Value I want to hide it

Created on Feb 21, 2019 1:07:39 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Open the channel settings again and disable the limits by using the "Limits > Disable limits"-option.

best regards

Created on Feb 21, 2019 1:43:17 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.