What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

User PC hardware status.

Votes:

Hello!

I want to monitor Temperature inside several users PC, as far as i understand i have two ways. First way is to buy internal hardware sensor (termometer) and connect it via USB, and next get the info via (for example) SNMP, second - collect info from Motherboard via internal sensors. More i'm interested in second way (using internal sensors from motherboard), how i can make this via standard PRTG sensors?

hardware pc statistics temperature

Created on Feb 13, 2019 3:30:29 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Vasiliy,

Thank you very much for your contact.

Whether you're able to monitor the internal temperature of a PC depends on your hardware. For example, if your motherboard provides CPU temperature information via SNMP, you might be able to monitor it. But this statement does not apply to every vendor and it's not possible for us to predict whether your motherboard is capable of or not.

Most likely you need to check whether the vendor implemented a way of querying this information. To do so, please follow the instructions here.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Feb 14, 2019 12:45:24 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.