What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Display total traffic value in map object

Votes:

I'd like to display the total traffic and a small graph on a map.

i've created a map object containing:

<!--Graphs: Live graph  with total value-->
<div class="map_object map_graph" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="coordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
  <span class="label"><#objectstatus name="lastvalue" id="<@objectid>"></span>
  <#object forcepng="false" type="graph" id="<@objectid>" graphid="0" width="<@width>" height="<@height>"  tooltexts="0"  graphstyling="baseFontSize='0'%20showLegend='0'%20showAxis='0'" >
</div>

But the value in this is the primary channel, how can i make it so that Traffic Total is displayed (usually ID: -1) and not the primary channel?

map-object traffic-total value

Created on Feb 14, 2019 2:12:19 PM

Last change on Feb 14, 2019 2:15:06 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Assuming this is just for a few port - you simply could use the Business Data Sensor - this sensor could grab the channel from the other sensor (not changing the primary channel) and bypass this.

If you want to calculate stuff you could use the Sensor Factory Sensor instead, this one supports calculation on top of grabbing data from other sensors and their channels.

Worked great for me in the past - it's a rather simple way to accomplish the what you want.

Regards

Florian Rossmark

www.it-admins.com

Created on Feb 14, 2019 3:13:04 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.