What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Apply channel changes globally

Votes:

I have always wished for a way to be able to apply channel setting changes globally across all sensors with the same channel. For example, I prefer not to show certain common channels in graphs because they clutter the graphs with additional unnecessary detail. So for every sensor I create, I manually edit the channel settings of the "Execution Time", and for SQL sensors also the "Affected Rows" and "Query Execution Time" channels to "Hide From Graphs". If I miss these during a sensor setup, there is no way to find it unless it is discovered in a displayed graph later. (Okay, it may be possible to discover using the PRTG API, but not everyone has the skill and time to write their own custom API integrations.)

To make such a feature even more powerful, it would be nice if the same channel settings could be applied to the same channel across a selected set of sensors, such as "Enable alerting based on limits" with the high/low warning/error values across multiple sensors that need similar limits (disk space % free, cache hit ratio, ping time, etc.)

channel global prtg selected sensor settings

Created on Feb 15, 2019 1:51:04 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Did you check Multi-Edit, already? Doesn't it meet all the criteria? :)

Created on Feb 18, 2019 7:33:56 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Indeed it does! The only thing missing was my ability to discover this feature. I never tried selecting multiple devices/sensors other than to acknowledge multiple alarms. I tried out the multi-edit feature and it works exactly as desired. Isn't it great to be able to request a feature and have it already developed and deployed? Thanks, Paessler team!

Created on Feb 18, 2019 9:02:16 PM

Votes:

You're most welcome! Glad we could enlighten you :) Have a good one!

Created on Feb 18, 2019 9:30:26 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.