What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can PRTG adjust the scanning interval of a sensor after alert?

Votes:

I would like to reduce the scanning interval of a sensor if it hits its alert threshold. For example, the scanning interval for our device is set for 60 seconds, I want to consider it in alert status if it is above its threshold for 120 seconds. After this, I'd like to scan every 30 seconds. Is this possible?

alerts scanning-interval sensor

Created on Feb 26, 2019 9:21:04 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

You might be able to engage the API and a script for a notification and do so...

Possibly entry points are

In theory you could use that and simply react to it - if you then have a second script once the sensor comes up again you could re-seed the regular interval..

Your other option is to put in a FEATURE REQUEST and wait till and if Paessler integrates it...

Personally, I like the PowerShell attempt, it is something that you can learn and understand quickly.. you can play around with it before you even create a script that would automate it.

Keep in mind - for any API interaction you need to do some kind of authentication against PRTG so it allows you to alter the configuration or even read the data...

Hope that helps..

Regards

Florian Rossmark

www.it-admins.com

Created on Feb 27, 2019 3:33:19 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.