What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Detect if Cisco interfaces haven't been used

Votes:

Hello,

Is it possible to add a single sensor to a Cisco switch (e.g. 2960X), which displays how long several physical interfaces haven't been used?

best regards

cisco cisco-switch prtg sensor snmp

Created on Feb 27, 2019 7:41:23 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

I am afraid that this information is not offered via any OID on the device, at least we are not aware of an OID that offers this piece of information.

Best regards.

Created on Feb 27, 2019 11:33:14 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I know that there is a OID which can be used to get the last output time on a Cisco switch. Is it possible with PRTG to create a "custom" table (not predefined like the "SNMP Custom Table"), which can be used to associate the interface name and another picked OID (in my case the OID of the last output)? I think something like that could be a workaround to achieve a table with the given if-name and the last output time.

Best regards

Created on Mar 5, 2019 6:23:31 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.