What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Feature Request: set intervals to check on Sensors with values

Votes:

Hi together,

by reconstruction the core servers with more than 5000 Sensors, we went to set intervalls on sensors with a value setting for warning / error.

Like this example: CPU - Error by 95 % ; Warning by 75 %; Intervall 90s, go up to an Error state after 3 intervals (270s) to notify.

Acutally it is so, that this kind of sensors only check the Sensor configured on the Root or in der Group settings for denpending intervals or directly in the Sensor.

But the measurement are only on one time and if the result is "warning", the shortly following second measurement goes to an error state, when it is further in a ongoing warning state.

We need this intervals too, for Errors & Warnings with defined intervall options. functional like a connection sensor, which is supporting manual interval definitions.

Thank you.

all-sensors exe-script-sensor feature-request snmp-sensor wmi-sensors

Created on Feb 27, 2019 8:52:18 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Patrick,

I'm afraid that I did not totally understand what you try to achieve here. In case of an error, PRTG will first set the sensor into a warning status and immediately trigger another scan. If this second scan confirms the result of the first scan, the sensor is than set to error.

Do I understand your request correct that you want to define a different scanning interval while the sensor is in error status as if the sensor was in a warning status?

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 27, 2019 12:03:33 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.