What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Modifying the Live Graphs Accuracy

Votes:

Currently, I am looking for a way to modify the Live graphs date ranger and scanning interval. Currently we use a copy of PRTG traffic monitor to track network activity over a switch at a 10sec refresh interval displaying 1 hour of data.

I know PRTG Network Monitor 7 has a way to replicate the live graph functionality but I have yet to find a setting to change to make it as accurate as PRTG Traffic Monitor.

Anyone have any suggestions?

graphs prtg traffic-grapher

Created on Aug 31, 2010 5:12:50 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This can be done in the "PRTG Server Administration" tool, on the tab "Memory Usage". Please be aware that the settings made on this tab, effect all sensors that you have in PRTG 7, and thus, may significantly change the memory usage of PRTG.

Created on Aug 31, 2010 5:56:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

could you please elucidate? Do you want to change the scanning interval in PRTG Network Monitor? Or do you want to change the time period covered in the live graphs?

Best Regards.

Created on Aug 31, 2010 5:33:58 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would like to change the time period covered in the live Graphs.

Created on Aug 31, 2010 5:51:25 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This can be done in the "PRTG Server Administration" tool, on the tab "Memory Usage". Please be aware that the settings made on this tab, effect all sensors that you have in PRTG 7, and thus, may significantly change the memory usage of PRTG.

Created on Aug 31, 2010 5:56:25 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you Torsten. That was exactly what I needed.

Created on Aug 31, 2010 6:27:46 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.