What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Restart a remote service

Votes:

I used a batch script below to restart a remote service The batch file itself uses psexec to stop / restart a remote service on another server.

@echo off REM restarts Apache Tomcat Service "c:\Program Files\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\EXE\psexec" \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -u Domain\User -p Password net stop "Apache Tomcat" "c:\Program Files\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\EXE\psexec" \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -u Domain\User -p Password net start "Apache Tomcat" pause

I do not really understand why the batch file is working properly, but I can not seem to be scheduled or executed by PRTG or Launcher.

prtg remote-probe-service windows

Created on Mar 2, 2019 4:22:25 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Samir,

Do I understand this right - you want to use PRTG to schedule a restart of a service?

Why don't you just place the script on the target system as a scheduled task?

I am not sure if PRTG can even do such a schedule - assuming I understood the request right - the Paessler support team might know this better... just trying to help out :-)

Regards

Florian Rossmark

www.it-admins.com

Created on Mar 4, 2019 3:51:06 PM

Votes:

I'm trying to run a batch file from the Notifications \ EXE folder and it will not work. This is a batch file that calls the PSexec program (to remotely shutdown / restart a Windows service on another machine). I put a copy of the program PSexec in Windows / System32 and if I run the command file manually from the folder Notifications / exe, it works properly

I want to run a batch file script by prtg to restart a remote service if possible to tell me the procedure in detail

Created on Mar 4, 2019 4:15:18 PM

Votes:

Dear Samir,

please refer to this KB article, which addresses this inquiry.

Best regards,
Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Created on Mar 5, 2019 6:00:37 AM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.