What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Probe Health Hosted Cluster Server - Open Requests

Votes:

This morning I had to upgrade from 19.1.48.2876 to 19.1.48.2929. We were unable to add new devices to a Hosted Probe Cluster Server. This was the remediation action recommended by Paessler. Shortly after upgrading my system, I started having probe health issues, specifically on my Hosted Probe Clustered servers (Master and Failover). I am looking at the historical "Open Requests" channel and I went from an average of about 17 - 30 messages open to well over 220 items open. I am seeing this behavior on both my Master and my Secondary. Is this a known issue? I've been running PRTG since version 17 and I have never seen this issue. If I expand my time frame out on my probe sensors to about 30 days, the average is around 19 open items. I haven't change the configuration since the upgrade/patch this morning.

cluster-probe probe probe-health

Created on Mar 7, 2019 6:39:23 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Khue,

Thank you very much for reaching out.

This is definitely not an expected behavior and it might be influenced by the update itself which triggers each sensor after the master and failover node came back up.

Please observe the behavior, I expect it to settle within some time. If the situation does not improve, please don't hesitate to contact us via the "Contact Support" button from the PRTG web interface. This way you'll send us a support bundle and allow us to check the log files to see what's going on here.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 8, 2019 12:51:20 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Sebastian. I am working with support now. Appreciate your feedback.

Created on Mar 8, 2019 6:31:44 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.