What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Red Dots on HTTP Sensor Live Graph?

Votes:

Hi folks,

On the live graph for an HTTP sensor I see some red dots, even though there is also a blue line suggesting 100% uptime. If I run a historic data view for a smaller period, it doesn't show any downtime. Most other sensors don't have these red dots. What is the significance of these, does it show that perhaps one interval had downtime?

Thanks

http live-graph prtg

Created on Mar 8, 2019 11:26:44 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Could you post a screenshot of the sensor? Otherwise it is hard to understand what issue or behavior you actually have.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 8, 2019 11:43:23 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry, couldn't spot a way to upload, but have put it on Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zjxjalke07sqxi/Sensor.jpg

Created on Mar 8, 2019 11:46:01 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Could you check the "Logs"-tab of the sensor to see if any events happened or any limits where hit?
Please note that when a sensor is still able to get values but runs into an error (like a 404 not found), then you will still see "blue lines" together with the red dots.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 8, 2019 11:52:02 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, so on one sensor I get a status of "Warning" with a message of "Timeout (code: PE018)". On the sensor in the example screenshot I get a status of "Warning" and a link of "web.vortex.data.microsoft.com/collect/v1/t.gif?ver='2.1'&name='Ms.We..." and it stops at that point.

So essentially a red dot signifies a "warning" in the log?

Created on Mar 8, 2019 11:57:38 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Correct, either a warning or an error.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 8, 2019 12:22:16 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.