What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Easily rescale the font-size of Maps

Votes:

Hi,

I think I read nearly all KB articles so I can say everyone who uses maps wants a feature to easily rescale the font-size of for examples map tables. The only way to do this is via the custom.css sheed. But this way isn't supported by Paessler (I fully understand why!) and the customization could be overwritten by any upcoming update.

In my opinion it would be really great if we get an option or at least a supported well documented and explained way how to rescale the font-size within maps. Sure, the custom.css sheed could be an option, but therefore you need as a customer and even as a partner a good knowledge in CSS. This shouldn't be a requirement by such a good an user friendly product like PRTG.

Kind regards, Dominik Herzog

font font-size maps prtg

Created on Mar 8, 2019 2:40:13 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

If it would be that easy to integrate such option in the existing system, then we would have already done that. :)

Under the current library we use for the Map System and Map Designer such extensive options are not possible. We surely plan to replace the Map Designer one day, which will offer more options, but for now the only option is via the "styles_custom_v2.css". Please note that the "styles_custom_v2.css" is not overwritten on an update.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 11, 2019 7:54:49 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Dariusz,

good point. Do you have any kind of documentation for the "styles_custom_v2.css"? Even through it's not offical supported? I know there are many KBs where the usage of the styles_custom_v2.css is mentioned for special cases, but I'm looking for something more general with more details for example about the useable options.

Kind regards, Dominik

Created on Mar 11, 2019 7:59:17 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

I am not certain what kind of documentation you need, you can put any CSS code in there and it is loaded by the webinterface of PRTG.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 11, 2019 9:03:27 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

for example some infos how to bind the custom styles just to one table/map and not to all. But maybe that's a bit to much in the direction "how CSS works"? :/

Kind regards, Dominik

Created on Mar 11, 2019 10:38:22 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

That is correct. You can use the Developer Tools of your browser (Inspect Element) to see how elements in PRTG are structured, what IDs and what classes they have.

Best regards.

Created on Mar 11, 2019 10:56:07 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.