What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Question about SYSLOG Sensor

Votes:

Hello, I setup a syslog sensor which is successfully receiving messages from my SonicWall with one minor issue. The sensor isn't parsing the different fields on the messages tab view. Everything appears in the "Message" field. Below is an example of what I see in the Message field. I would think it should parse the message and put the value of time= into the "Timestamp (Device)" field, app= into the "App Name" field, etc but it's not.

id=TZ500 sn=xxxxxxxxxxx time="2019-03-15 22:45:19" fw=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx pri=6 c=1024 gcat=6 m=537 msg="Connection Closed" src=192.168.18.138:55934:X1 dst=192.168.3.14:161:X1 proto=udp/161 sent=107 spkt=1 vpnpolicy="Newark" app=39 n=28799134 fw_action="NA"

Did I configure something wrong on the sensor?

message sonicwall syslog

Created on Mar 16, 2019 2:55:49 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello epgalli,

Thank you very much for your contact.

In this particular case, I'd like to encourage you to contact us via PRTG directly. We will need some log files from the sensor and its configuration which is better provided via email than via the knowledge base.

Your case will be taken over either by my colleagues or myself.

Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Mar 18, 2019 1:05:38 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Was this question answered? I'm experiencing the exact same issue.

Created on Jul 25, 2020 7:06:54 PM

Votes:

Hi Bob,

No we never heard something regarding this matter. This being said, please reach out as described above but we have to start from scratch in this case.

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Jul 27, 2020 5:59:01 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.