What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

ssh script not showing in pull down

Votes:

Hi,

I'm trying to add a ssh script to prtg. I am using a built-in ssh probe (ssh disk free) to this truenas host so the credentials are good. When I try to add a "ssh script" sensor, the only choices I have in the pull-down are:

Warning: no access to tty (Bad file descriptor). Thus no job control in this shell.

Warning: settings changed through the CLI are not written to the configuration database and will be reset on reboot.

The above seem like it is trying to connect and reports back the message ssh gives it, but the one file I'm trying to add, hardware.sh, doesn't show. Here are the contents of /var/prtg/scripts on the truenas host:

1. ls -al /var/prtg/scripts total 4 drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel 64 Mar 19 18:23 . drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 64 Mar 19 18:21 .. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 552 Mar 20 11:34 hardware.sh

Any suggestions?

custom-sensor prtg ssh-script

Created on Mar 20, 2019 7:06:37 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello there,

What credentials configured in PRTG to call this script?

Please navigate to the corresponding device settings and scroll down to the section Credentials for Linux/Solaris/Mac OS (SSH/WBEM) Systems to change them.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Mar 22, 2019 1:05:59 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I'm storing root credentials in the Linux/Solaris/Mac OS (SSH/WBEM) Systems section. Standard ssh probes, such as meminfo or diskfree, have no issues reporting on the host in question.

Created on Mar 22, 2019 3:34:26 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.