What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Core Server Service stays "starting" after reboot

Votes:

Hi,

Installation of trial version seemed OK, services started etc and I was able to add a couple of sensors. All was working. However after a reboot the Core Server Service does not start. Status remains as "starting". Stopping and restarting from the Administration tool makes no difference, Windows still shows it as "starting" even when the admin tool says its stopped. I have to kill the process from Task Manager, then restart, and repeat this a few times before it the service starts properly.

PRTGT Version V19.1.48.2929 Windows 10

core server service

Created on Mar 24, 2019 5:26:59 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi newfinder,

Thank you for your Knowledge Base Post.

Please note that in your case we need to analyze log files to narrow down the issue. This is not possible via the Knowledge Base. Therefore I will create a case for you and contact you by email for further troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on Mar 25, 2019 12:44:48 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, I've responded to the ticket.

Created on Mar 25, 2019 4:57:13 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.