What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to connect Sybase with ADO SQL v2?

Votes:

I had updated .NET 4.7.2 on the probe Connection String: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=10.10.1.2;Port=5000;User ID=admin;Password=password;Initial Catalog=master

Is the Connection String correct? May I know what value should we use for Provider?

prtg sql sybase

Created on Mar 28, 2019 2:16:44 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Yekevca,

Which version of SyBase are you using? I've found a few links that point to using the ASE ADO.NET provider, but only if you're using Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise.

If you let me know what kind of SyBase, I might be able to find a better fit.

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Mar 28, 2019 7:57:40 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi,

I have the same problem. I want to run query to my Sybase ASE 16 server. I tried with the SDK Driver 16, but this doesn't work, because no OLEDB Provider included. It is now deprecated from Sybase point of view. Only ADO.Net Provider directly.

So I installed the SDK 15.7 driver on my PRTG server. I could execute the query, but now, I got this strange error : XML: Structural error in xml file, 1 open items. -- JSON: The returned JSON does not match the expected structure (Invalid JSON.). (code: PE231)

Can you help me please ? Regards Philippe

Created on Aug 29, 2019 10:38:11 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Would it be possible for you to run the query manually so we can see what is being sent to PRTG? We need to ensure it's in the proper format that PRTG is expecting. If you can, just post it back to this KB, and I'll take a look at it

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Aug 29, 2019 4:32:13 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hi,

I looked now at the result, and I think the problem comes from the 2 first line : log4cplus:ERROR No appenders could be found for logger (com.sybase.dataaccess.oledb.<global>.DllMain). log4cplus:ERROR Please initialize the log4cplus system properly. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <prtg> <result> <channelid>0</channelid> <mode>Absolute</mode> <value>85.0085</value> <float>1</float> </result> <result> <channelid>1</channelid> <mode>Absolute</mode> <value>8.0008</value> <float>1</float> </result> <result> <channelid>2</channelid> <mode>Absolute</mode> <value>0</value> </result> <text /> </prtg>

Any idea where they came from ? And how I could get rid of them ? Thank you and regards Philippe RITTER

Created on Aug 30, 2019 12:12:24 PM

Last change on Aug 30, 2019 4:35:47 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Votes:

Hello

I found the problem. I instaleld the latest version of the driver, and it is ok. I can know run my query. I have just now to read your documentation to get the value in my sensor. Kind regards Philippe RITTER

Created on Aug 30, 2019 12:28:16 PM

Votes:

Philippe,

Great news!

Benjamin Day
[Paessler Support]

Created on Aug 30, 2019 4:36:49 PM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.