What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco Switch System Health Voltage/Other Bug

Votes:

Hello Support-Team, we got some Cisco 2960X-48FPD-L access switches. When we added the sensors: - System Health Other - System Health Voltages we discovered that these two sensors have a strange behaviour. When they are created, they are switching into error state. I've already read that there are more users experiencing this problem, but since we aren't using Cisco SFPs and we're using 2960X switches, I would like to know what's the cause of this problem.

The System Health Voltages sensor displays one of the two fiber-ports correct (The name of the port is resolved, the value is no error). The other value is named "Voltage 1064" and is in error state with 3.26V.

The System Health Other sensor also displays one port correctly (the name is resolved and the value is in warning state). The other three values are named "1066", "1067" and "2066" and they are in error state.

Thank you and best regards!

cisco prtg switch

Created on Apr 3, 2019 12:37:50 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Moritz,

Try enabling request method "Single-Get" in the device's "Settings" tab in section "SNMP Compatibility Options" and add the sensors again. Do you get proper channel names then?

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Apr 3, 2019 1:18:59 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 4, 2019 6:52:06 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Erhard, thank you for your response. I changed the request method to "Single-Get"and now all channel names are displayed correctly.

Best regards,

Moritz Herbig

Created on Apr 4, 2019 5:00:40 AM

Votes:

I had exactly the same problem - thanks.

Created on Jun 27, 2019 4:04:26 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.