What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Customizing Notification in MS Teams

Votes:

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to PRTG - but I am trying to set up some notifications to go to Microsoft Teams. I have the alert coming fine - but I would like to remove the [Scan Now] [Acknowledge Alarm] [Pause] [Pause for 60 minutes] [Resume] buttons that come through in the alert.

There is a group of field support that need to know if these particular devices are down for a period of time - but they don't have access to the PRTG application itself.

Is it possible to remove these buttons from the notification? I've already checked in the notification template section when I created the notification to teams.

Thanks Steve

microsoft-teams notifications prtg

Created on Apr 4, 2019 6:44:27 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Steve,

I'm afraid those MS Teams notifications cannot be customized as PRTG does not use something like a textbased file that defines the message body, which then could be adjusted.

Before we integrated "native support" for MS Teams notifications, there was a script-based workaround using a powershell script to generate MS Teams notifications. Using this you can freely define the content, but I'm not sure it's really worth the effort just to remove those buttons, but that's up to you to decide :)

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Apr 5, 2019 6:31:12 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It would be so awesome if those buttons could be toggled off through the template config instead. The people receiving notifications in Teams in all cases where I have set this up would never have direct access to the PRTG server from where they are...

Created on Jan 29, 2021 2:00:57 AM

Votes:

Hello there,

You feedback is noted, but I cannot say if something like this will get implemented.

Regards Birk

Created on Feb 4, 2021 4:29:44 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.