What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HP Proliant ILO snmp -- is there a custom mib that will alert as error for all 'failure predicted'?

Votes:

Environment is a variety of HP servers with ILO 4 and later. ON the PRTG side, using the built in 'SNMP HP ProLiant System Health' sensor. Overall this sensor is working fantastic, getting dozens of different types of hardware info, fans, power supply, temp, overall uptime. So for nearly everything, love how this built in sensor is working and reporting.

The one issue I have a question about is that the snmp reporting 'warning/yellow' status for some failure predicated status. Does anyone know if there's already a custom mib or oidlib file out there that would report these failure predictive events as 'errors/red'?

I know we could change the email alert threshold to 'warning/yellow', but we're not using all HP drives, so we'd get slammed by the 'warning/yellow' disk degraded / not genuine HP disks alerts.

Thank you very much in advance if anyone can help, or even confirm this type of custom made mib/oidlib file is not already out there. I realize I could create this myself using mibs that HP provides and the paessler importer, that's beyond the time and skill I have for this project. So wanted to check if something like this was already out there.

failure hp ilo predicted

Created on Apr 16, 2019 4:51:52 PM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Mr. Toad,

You just need to change the lookup file associated with the channel. If you click on channel within the sensor, there is a dropdown that shows the current lookup file being used.

These files are located in the PRTG install folder in the lookups folder. You can adjust those settings, and then have them take effect.

Does this make sense?

Benjamin Day
Paessler Support

Created on Apr 17, 2019 10:56:02 AM by  Benjamin Day [Paessler Support] (1,441) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.