What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Total Traffic API

Votes:

Dear Support Team, I need to call an API to receive below information: 1-traffic in (speed) 2-traffic out (speed) 3-Unicast in (speed) 4-Unicast out (speed) but the point is that i need only Avg or Sum of these parameter for specific date rang and i don't want to get row by row data (Historic Data) I have shared an example picture to explain what i need here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iemcp4cf8l3kp2f/sample%20picture.jpg?dl=0 Kindly thanks for your helps

api total traffic

Created on Apr 24, 2019 7:55:05 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you for the KB-Post. The API cannot do this itself I'm afraid. With the API you cannot get a summary value for the period, unless you make the average exactly as long as the period itself.
When using the API your tool/script should calculate the overall value for the period then itself.

best regards.

Created on Apr 24, 2019 1:03:08 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.