What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do you add text to a map?

Votes:

I have several monitors (6), each showing a different map. I want to put a label at the top of each map to make it more obvious what that map represents. How do you add basic text to the map diagram?

maps-editor prtg text

Created on Apr 25, 2019 12:34:02 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi there,

This is what the "Custom HTML Element"-object is for in the map designer. This allows you to add simple HTML to the "HTML-Before"-field in the object's properties. For example:

<p style='width: 100%; height: 100%; margin: 0; color: black; font-size: 18px; text-align: center;'>This is a label</p>

Best regards.

Created on Apr 25, 2019 1:55:03 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you. I was thrown off by the preview text of the Custom HTML Element which says to pick an existing object in the map to add HTML. Ha, I thought it was just instructions and didn't realize that it was an object all by itself.

Created on Apr 25, 2019 2:43:39 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.