What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Log of actual notifications (messages)

Votes:

There is Logs - System Events - Notifications, where we can see that a notifications has been triggered, however there seems to be no way to see the actual notifications with text of messages.

Would you please let us see at least last 1 hour of notifications with full text of messages?

log messages notifications

Created on May 3, 2019 7:12:09 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

PRTG does not log the content of the notifications. You can surely use the Notification Delivery Logging, but this is intended for debug purposes and can result in a lot of log files: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/55363-how-can-i-enable-notification-delivery-logging

Best regards.

Created on May 3, 2019 10:21:02 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there,

id like to see in sensor-history, who had been notified so far. Now there is just the information whcih sensor / object / id is referenced. What does that information mean and how do i get the information i need?

Thx in advance

Created on Nov 19, 2019 11:41:37 AM

Votes:

Hi wumanchu,

No this is not possible. If a notification trigger was activated, all Users/User Group defined in the notification template are notified. Therefore, you can only check which trigger (with which template) was activated.

Created on Nov 19, 2019 1:18:38 PM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.