What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SQL v2 Sensor: Can I send by email all result (Rows) from Select Query?

Votes:

Hi. The reason for this is to consult a question about the SQL Server Sensor.

Currently, I am running a Select query that can return multiple rows (Only one column). The conditions for this sensor to be executed are the following: - Good = 0 Rows. - Fail = 1 or more rows.

How can I configure my sensor so that when there are 1 or more rows in the result of my query, send the values of the rows in the message of the notification?

Greetings and blessings. Atte.

prtg sql-v2 sqlsensor

Created on May 6, 2019 11:43:49 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

There is not a default solution here, but you could use the following workaround to show the columns as message with the following steps:

1. Switch to the settings of the sensor
  2. Below "Data Processing > Process data table" enable "Sensor Message Column Number"
  3. Choose the "Sensor Message Column Number"
  4. If a message is sent, it will also display the the information that is displayed as Sensor message.
    Please let me know if this fits your requirements.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on May 7, 2019 11:44:24 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, Birk Guttmann.
Thanks for your help.
I tried to configure my sensor with the information that you provide me but I do not achieve satisfactory results. In the message, only the first Row appears. For example, if my Query Select returns 11 rows, the message shows row 1 and the other 10 are lost.

Have you had the opportunity to see or solve a similar case? Maybe and I'm not properly configuring the sensor.

Created on May 7, 2019 3:38:23 PM

Last change on May 8, 2019 8:45:15 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there,

That's correct, it only shows the first row. Unfortunately there is not default possibility to return more rows here.

Kind regards,

Created on May 8, 2019 5:08:54 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Okay, thank you very much, Birk Guttman. In this case, the solution that I will choose, will be to return all the rows in a single row.Do you know if this message has some string length limitation?

Greetings and blessings. atte.

Created on May 8, 2019 6:17:28 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

I'm not sure, but I think the string length limitation should be very big here. I don't think you have to worry about this.

Kind regards,

Created on May 9, 2019 12:09:27 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.