What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Calculating Extra Traffic

Votes:

Hi Dear Support Team, Is it possible to calculate extra (over limitation/threshold) traffic of a graph in a specific period of time? I mean, i want to define a limitation/threshold for data usage in a month for a graph. And at the end of the month i want to find how much traffic used over limitation/threshold totally. Thanks a lot

calculation threshold traffic

Created on May 15, 2019 7:32:56 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Hossein,

Thank you for your post.

This is not possible in PRTG. However, you can create a Volume Trigger. This trigger sends a notification when a certain volume is reached in a defined period of time.

An alternative is to create a one-month report that contains a CSV data file. With this CSV file you can calculate how much traffic was used more than the limit. Please note that only specific report templates are supporting data files.

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on May 15, 2019 11:37:26 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 13, 2021 11:46:46 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.