What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Will switching from "Local Probe only" to "All IPs available on this computer" under probe settings

Votes:

I am trying to setup a Remote probe for one server as we are facing issues in trying to monitor it with the current setup. While doing so, PRTG asks me to switch the probe connection to "All IPs available on this computer". I would like to know if there will be any impact to the existing server and sensor configurations.

Thanks in advance.

probe prtg settings

Created on May 20, 2019 5:53:57 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Satnar,

This is just for the probe to core connection. This will not only allow the local probe to connect, but also remote probes from different IPs. It does not affect the existing configuration of the sensors located on the local probe.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on May 20, 2019 9:06:44 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.