What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I monitor a Domino Server-Task?

Votes:

Hello, is it possible to monitor a server-task on a Lotus Domino Server? I know that I can monitor the port of the Domino Server. But on the Domino Server there are 2 tasks running and I don't know how I can monitor them. Thanks for your help!

domino lotus-notes task

Created on Sep 2, 2010 11:41:17 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

i am trying the same thing - first you have to setup the lnsnmp-agent. there is an IBM workaround available, just google for "lnsnmp agent".

when ur done with the configuration, download the paessler snmp tester tool. here you can test if you correctly setup the snmp on the domino server.

to monitor the status of a tasks for example, use this oid:

1.3.6.1.4.1.334.72.1.1.6.1.2.1.3.X (x stands for the number of the task u want to monitor)

but there is a problem which i haven't solved with prtg so far: the oids to monitor tasks aren't constant - they change their value when you restart the domino server or the task itself. for example:

1.3.6.1.4.1.334.72.1.1.6.1.2.1.3.25 gives u the status of the indexer task = idle

now you restart ur domino server because of an error or whatever:

1.3.6.1.4.1.334.72.1.1.6.1.2.1.3.25 then gives u the status of another task for example smtp = idle

i really don't know how to monitor ln tasks with prtg, you need to scan the hole mib-table and filter the right line with a conastant value for example the task-name. and then you have to find the right value for the status of the task by using it's name...

Created on Oct 11, 2011 7:10:31 AM

Last change on Oct 11, 2011 2:04:58 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.