What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Must port 23560 be open if the server with the probe is on the same network as the PRTG server?

Votes:

Hello,

Currently testing the functionalities of PRTG, I wanted to put a probe on one of our test servers.

The PRTG server and the test server are on the same network.

So I try to install my probe and, when the installer connects the probe, he tells me "Your remote probe could not connect to the PRTG server in time". It tells me that the error may come from the DNS server name (after verification it is the correct name) or, that port 23560 is not open.

The test server is behind a stormshield firewall and the PRTG server behind a stormshield firewall. But it remains local.

Thank you for your help!

core-server port-23560 probe prtg remote-probe-install server

Created on May 22, 2019 12:31:52 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

Port 23560 has to be reachable, to establish the connection.

Please check in the web interface under "Setup | System Administration | Core & Probes", if connections from other computers are allowed. For this, either the check mark in "All IPs available on this computer" or "Specify IPs" must be set. Otherwise the "Remote Probe" cannot connect to the Core Server. If the setting is set and the connection is still not established, you need to adjust the settings on the firewall.

Kind regards

Marijan Horsky

Created on May 23, 2019 12:02:44 PM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.