What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification trigger configuration

Votes:

Good day.

i have a few days trying to configure a notification trigger for a interface in a router that send the notification only went it detects X speed (1024kbits) and remain in use of that amount or more for a interval of time like 1 hour.

i being playing with the settings, different configurations, reading the documentation but the reports that comes don't make sense at least for me because i send a support ticket and the reply was the trigger was doing fine =/ but they never tell me how to do a correct configuration.....

maybe is the language barrier since English is not my main language but i try to make me understand, this time i will try with pictures!! please HELP on this

Image Example!

i want to get a notification went a interface goes in a period of time like the orange square represent in the image and don't send the notification went the scenario goes like in the blue square

configuration not working

that conf only sends a lot of reports with data like this ( Speed reached (Trafico in) (>1.11 kbit/s) ) and i need a report that notify stuff like this (Speed reached (Trafico in) (>1024.1 kbit/s) ) or more

how i can do this?

Thanks in advance

bandwidth-speed notifications trigger

Created on May 22, 2019 6:35:45 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

I'll try to explain this short and simple.

The easiest way would be to configure a limit for the corresponding channel. The limit can be configured in the channel settings (click on the corresponding channel gauge to open). Afterwards the Sensor will be shown as down if this limit will be reached.

Now you need to add a State Trigger in the Notification Templates tab. For this trigger you can configure a delay to send a notification if the sensor is down for X seconds.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on May 24, 2019 4:43:37 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.