What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

System health sensor clutter top 10

Votes:

Hi,

When I create a map with a top 10 overview of for example the least available memory, the top 10 is cluttered with Systemhealth Current and System health voltages sensors. I looked in the library and virtually every 'health sensor' has multiple tags (CPU, memory, voltage etc.).

Is there a way to let the top 10 overview display the correct sensors, without manually deleting tags from well over a hundred sensors?

Thanks

maps sytem-health-sensor top-10

Created on May 23, 2019 11:19:13 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Netwerkbeheerder01

Thank you for the additional information.

I recreated your situation with add the Cisco System Health Sensor using Auto Discovery and noticed that the tags were wrong. I'm going create a case for our developer so they will take a closer look at this bug.

For a workaround, I recommend to edit the Tags via the Multi Edit Feature of PRTG. However, if you do this all other Tags will be deleted and replaced by the Tag(s) you entered.

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on May 24, 2019 11:35:45 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Netwerkbeheerder01,

Thank you for your post!

I checked the Cisco System Health Sensor and noticed that all Sensors have the default tags "snmpciscosystemhealthsensor" and "systemhealth". Furthermore, the certain Sensors are tagged for their monitoring objective (e.g. System Health Voltages have the additional tag "ciscovoltage").

Therefore, please check in the corresponding Sensor settings whether the "memory" tags are added under the option "Parent Tags", since these tags were inherited from the parent device.

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on May 24, 2019 7:08:12 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Moritz,

Thanks for your answer! It's not completely clear to me what you meant, but I've attached a screenshot of some of the affected sensors (all these sensors are on different devices and were created during autodiscovery): https://imgur.com/a/tj8jz0K

I don't think the memory tags are added as parent tag. The only parent tag these sensors have is the vendors_Cisco tag. The rest of the tags seem to be normal tags. So I am not sure what to do next.

Thanks.

Created on May 24, 2019 8:31:02 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Netwerkbeheerder01

Thank you for the additional information.

I recreated your situation with add the Cisco System Health Sensor using Auto Discovery and noticed that the tags were wrong. I'm going create a case for our developer so they will take a closer look at this bug.

For a workaround, I recommend to edit the Tags via the Multi Edit Feature of PRTG. However, if you do this all other Tags will be deleted and replaced by the Tag(s) you entered.

Best Regards,
Moritz Heller
Paessler Support Team

Created on May 24, 2019 11:35:45 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.