What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring disks of physical servers

Votes:

Hi everyone,

I would like to monitor every single disk of a physical server in order to get informed when any disk goes down and I have to exchange it. It's a Fujitsu Primergy server. Containing 6 physical disks (SSDs).

What do I have to set up on the device and which PRTG sensor type do I have to choose therefore?

Thanks in advance.

fujitsu physical-disk server

Created on May 24, 2019 9:38:54 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear V FRAAS GmbH,

the sensor depends on specifics like the operating system used. For Windows, use the Windows Physical Disk I/O or WMI HDD Health sensor. If another operating system is running, it gets more complicated, because one has to provide PRTG with the corresponding OIDs if an SNMP agent is available, or use SSH to to run a script locally on the server.

Created on May 24, 2019 1:38:23 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 24, 2019 1:42:22 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.