What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Filter by tag

Votes:

Hello,

I try to create a map where we can juste see sensors status for devices with the tag name "Liaison"

I go in map parameters and I see tag filter (or other name, my PRTG is in french) I write the name "Liaison", prtg find it but the map take all my devices not just named "Liaison"

I have forgot to do something ?

Thank you for your time and your help. :)

filter maps tags

Created on Jun 3, 2019 8:34:07 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

UPDATE: it works with a sunburst widget but not with a icon.

Created on Jun 3, 2019 9:18:38 AM

Votes:

Hi Matthieu,

I think you have entered the Name and not the Tag of the devices you want to have visible in your map. Please check via the Device List, if you get the same result when you enter the name in the filter option under Show Filters.
If so, please give all the desired devices a meaningful Tag .To do this, open the settings of the desired device and enter a unique tag under Tags. Afterwards please check again, whether you now get the correct devices displayed in your map.

Kind regards
Marijan Horsky, Team Tech Support

Created on Jun 3, 2019 11:37:50 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.