What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unicast Report

Votes:

I need to get a report of Unicast In Traffic (speed) for all sensors during a specific time frame. I have this being recorded in the sensors but just can't figure out a good way to get an output that is usable for this.

reporting snmp unicast

Created on Jun 3, 2019 7:40:23 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

In order to do this, create a new "Report" under "Reports" and add all Traffic Sensors you want to report on in the " Select Sensors Manually"-tab. Within this tab you can select which channels each sensor should report on, there just leave the Unicast-Channels checked.

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/reports

Best regards.

Created on Jun 4, 2019 6:21:40 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Dariusz,

Is there a way to select a large number of individual sensors manually? I can select the entire device, but then it won't give me the option to filter down to just specific channels.

Do I need to manually add and adjust all 2000 sensors?

Created on Jun 4, 2019 1:54:51 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

You can also automatically add all sensors with a specific tag via the report's settings under "Sensors ("What sensors will be included in the report?") > Include Sensors by Tag". However this won't allow you to specifically select a channel.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 5, 2019 5:31:36 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

So it sounds like in order to get what I want I will need to manually drag every single sensor over (like 5000), without missing or duplicating one then manually uncheck each channel (like 10) on every single sensor?

Why can't you just drag a device over to include all sensors and then manipulate the reported channels in bulk for the whole device?

Also it appears that the smallest time increment I can report on is a full day. Is that correct?

Created on Jun 5, 2019 1:19:22 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

If you just want to report on the Unicast channel, then yes, this is the only way.

That is also correct, you can create a report only for a full day.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 6, 2019 7:28:12 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there any plans to fix this? This seems like a basic reporting function that realistically isn't there. (over 100,000 clicks to get a single report with no way of knowing if you missed sensors is not realistically feasible)

The interface and options for reporting are infuriatingly bad with not options for multi selecting and bulk editing selections. At the very least a selected sensor should be denoted so you can be sure you didn't miss and don't duplicate sensors in the same report.

It wouldn't take much to make this feature much more robust (all the data to be reported on is there, there just isn't a good way to select and report it out).

I ended up getting what I needed by exporting all sensors full data to CSV, combining the CSVs and then using excel to filter and sort. I would then manually match the result I was looking for back to a sensor by searching for the text file with that exact transmit speed. It worked but was very time intensive.

Created on Jun 6, 2019 12:14:32 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

We understand this, really. However at the moment there are no plans to fully change the reporting engine and it's possibilities. Using the API here (or the raw CSV-files) is currently the only alternative, maybe exporting the data to CSVs and running a report via PowerShell might be a good idea (to save future time).

best regards.

Created on Jun 6, 2019 6:47:35 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.