What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSL Security Sensor: Revocation Checkup

Votes:

Hello,

one of our ssl secority sensors can not check the status of the revocation. "Unable to check revocation status"

Use this query the proxy defined in the device settings? I see no traffic at the proxy server.

I enabled the logging funtion on disk.

Certificate Chain Info

-----------------------

Certificates in chain: 3

Expired certificates in chain: 0

Certificate chain reaches root: True

Certificate chain signatures valid: True

Seems good to me.

What could be the problem?

BR Christian

certificate revocation ssl-sicherheitsüberprüfung

Created on Jun 7, 2019 7:09:16 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

We rely on the underlying Windows to check the revocation status. If Windows is not configured to forward these requests to a proxy, then it might won't work.

Best regards.

Created on Jun 7, 2019 11:48:18 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Dariusz,

the prtg-server is able to use a proxy (configured in IE).

But I see no connections at the proxy or at the firewalls.

In the Logs(Sensor) directory, I can see the certificates of the chain.

The files certificatechain.txt and data.txt are similar to other certificate sensors.

Created on Jun 11, 2019 9:26:36 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

It's hard to say for us why it does not work. As mentioned, we totally rely on Windows here.

Could you add the sensor, for the same host, under a different probe? Does this work?

Best regards.

Created on Jun 11, 2019 10:19:04 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

unfortunately we have only one probe. I will set the lookup to non, to avoid the warnings/errors.

Currently I have no time to investigate this problem. So you can close this ticket.

Created on Jun 11, 2019 10:33:27 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.