What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can monitoring JRE or JDK 1.8.u212?

Votes:

Hi guys,

I've tried to monitoring java on windows Server, follow the KB https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/61010-how-can-i-monitor-java-applications-via-jmx-with-a-prtg-mini-probe.

When i tried to perform the command:

D:\jre180212\bin>java -jar JMXProbe.war -c prtgjmx.properties

I got the error at below:

Error: Could not find or load main class com.paessler.prtg.jmx.DaemonMain

I'd alredy do everything that is related on this KB, but my feelling says that this version of java it's not support by the miniprobe.

Somebody have a idea how i can monitoring java? or have some examples to tell me for I'll follow?

My main goals here It's to monitoring: Service: up or down; Health of JAVA; Memory utilization.

Have a sure that i'm a infraestructre guy and not have must knowledge about java programimg, i'm just want have sure that the java "health" stay ok in my server.

Thx in advance.

java jdk jre prtg

Created on Jun 14, 2019 8:31:23 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello André,

Thank you very much for your contact.

The PRTG Mini Probe as proof of concept is not covered by our regular support, so I am very much afraid that I am not able to provide any further technical support for it.

In regards to monitoring a Linux machine the following articles might help:
How can I monitor and automatically restart a service on a Linux host?
How can I monitor systems running LINUX and UNIX with PRTG?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 17, 2019 11:37:44 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.