What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Doesnt Perform SNMP Check

Votes:

Hi All, we Have device that confirmed doesnt have System Uptime OID, which is mandatory in SNMP RFC. but we can monitored that device with another NMS. Our opinion is because that another NMS have feature "Doesnt perform ping/snmp check"

My Question : is PRTG Possible to doesnt perform ping/snmp check ?

check prtg snmp

Created on Jun 19, 2019 8:51:19 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

The SNMP uptime OID is only needed for specific requests. Most SNMP Sensors should still work. Please let me know what you wat to monitor here.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 19, 2019 2:13:31 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Birk,

I want to monitor Traffic per interface of that network device. when I add sensor with Technology used "SNMP Traffic". I Got Error "Sensor does not get response from device. SNMP Credentials are wrong or device does not support the required uptime OID (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0) for traffic sensors. This OID is mandatory by the SNMP RFC. Check SNMP access rights or contact device vendor. (code: PE244)".

Created on Jun 19, 2019 2:46:57 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Therefore, please take a look at the following article. It explains how to create a traffic sensor with our SNMP Custom Table sensor without the uptime. Please note that the values are not that exact that way.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 19, 2019 3:07:35 PM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.