What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No Email Notifications on PRTG

Votes:

Hello Team, I am not getting any email notifications on my prtg . Even while sending test emails i am getting a pop up that says "A test notification was triggered and queued for delivery" and the status i get in logs is Error sending "Email": Connection failed ("smtp.removed.com")'' i am currently using PRTG Network Monitor Version 19.1.48.2929 x64 Please help me out on this.

email notification notification-email prtg-network-monitor snmp-sensor socket-error

Created on Jun 21, 2019 9:07:51 AM

Last change on Jun 21, 2019 12:16:56 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Husain,

Basically this means that the SMTP settings on the Setup > System Administration > Notification Delivery page are not correct, or that the connection is blocked via a firewall inbetween. For instance a wrong port, wrong security setting or the mail server does not allow SMTP relaying from this PRTG host.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Jun 21, 2019 12:22:59 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your support, will check and letyou know. :)

Created on Jun 22, 2019 11:45:57 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.