What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to uninstall the PRTG Enterprise Console from the PRTG Server

Votes:

Hello,

Whenever I log on to my PRTG server it says that "The Enterprise Console is deprecated." and won't be supported in the future.

I'm fine with that (I don't use it), and I want to uninstall it. However there's only one item in the add/remove software list on windows, and that means I'll uninstall the whole of PRTG if I want to remove the enterprise console.

How do I remove the enterprise console only?

Thanks, Philippe

enterprise-console prtg uninstall

Created on Jun 21, 2019 11:28:28 AM

Last change on Sep 13, 2019 10:32:17 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 20.2.58

PRTG Enterprise Console Removal Tool

You can uninstall standalone installations of the EC via the Windows control panel under Programs and Features.

If the EC was automatically installed as part of a PRTG installation, you can use the PRTG Enterprise Console Removal Tool as of PRTG 20.2.58 to uninstall the EC independently from the PRTG installation.
Click the Windows Start menu and select PRTG Network Monitor, then click Remove PRTG Enterprise Console to remove the EC from your PRTG core server system.

Created on Apr 6, 2020 4:11:48 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 21, 2020 9:15:26 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello Philippe,

Uninstalling the Enterprise Console from the PRTG Server is currently not possible, because Enterprise Console on the PRTG server itself comes with the PRTG installer, it cannot be uninstalled separately. For now simple open Enterprise Console's settings and set that it won't start automatically anymore. You can install PRTG Desktop next to it, that is no problem.

For standalone installations of the Enterprise Console (on your workstation for example) it can be uninstalled via "Add and Remove Programs" from Windows as usual.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Jun 21, 2019 3:00:50 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 13, 2019 10:34:08 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 20.2.58

PRTG Enterprise Console Removal Tool

You can uninstall standalone installations of the EC via the Windows control panel under Programs and Features.

If the EC was automatically installed as part of a PRTG installation, you can use the PRTG Enterprise Console Removal Tool as of PRTG 20.2.58 to uninstall the EC independently from the PRTG installation.
Click the Windows Start menu and select PRTG Network Monitor, then click Remove PRTG Enterprise Console to remove the EC from your PRTG core server system.

Created on Apr 6, 2020 4:11:48 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 21, 2020 9:15:26 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

its' bit late coming here huh.

Ok, I have EC running but as suggested , moved to prtg desktop which is up and running getting all the devices and setting..

Now, need to uninstall Enterprise Console. Not sure, if it is auto installed or manually. I don't think it is safe to do uninstall from programs and feature.

Link to download PRTG Enterprise REmover Tool or any safe way to manually uninstall ?

-Binod

Created on Dec 6, 2022 3:21:35 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

What version of PRTG Network Monitor are you currently running?
Are you referring to the same host that also acts as PRTG core server or to another host on which you've the Enterprise Console installed?

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 12, 2022 7:04:50 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.