What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Add status filter to Donut map

Votes:

Hi, O, a map, i want to show all status donut, except from the acknowledge alarms Is it possible to do this with a custom mapobject copied from a existing donut.htm?

Is there an other way of implementing this.

donuts filtering maps

Created on Jul 3, 2019 9:23:31 AM

8 Replies

Votes:

The donut map object consists of two files:

• \webroot\includes\donut_alarms_only.htm
  • \webroot\mapobjects\donut_font*.htm

If you were to create a custom map object from that. clone both donut_font*.htm files, change the name in the first line to reflect the missing acknowledged states. Do the same for the filenames.

File names

• \webroot\includes\donut_alarms_only_noack.htm
  • \webroot\mapobjects\donut_font-dark_noack.htm

First line of the map object

<!--Status Donuts:All sensor states (No Acknowledged Sensors, dark text)-->

Content of includes\donut_alarms_only_noack.htm

<#id var="objid">

<div class="prtg-plugin simpledonut h200" data-plugin="prtg-simpledonut"
     data-dataset='<#colorcode color="statusdown">:<#objectstatus name="downsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id"  show="textraw" valueifempty="0">,
            <#colorcode color="statuspartialdown">:<#objectstatus name="partialdownsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id"  show="textraw" valueifempty="0">,
            <#colorcode color="statuswarning">:<#objectstatus name="warnsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id"  show="textraw" valueifempty="0">,
            <#colorcode color="statusunusual">:<#objectstatus name="unusualsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id"  show="textraw" valueifempty="0">'>
</div>

<div class="value-name-list">
  <a href="/sensors.htm?filter_status=5" class="value-name-list_item">
    <i class="item statusicon icon sensr"></i>
    <span class="value"><#objectstatus name="downsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0"/></span>
    <span class="item name"><#lang key="common.strings.nodestates.onsDown" default="Down"/></span>
  </a>
  <a href="/sensors.htm?filter_status=14" style='<#clusterdependent showfor=" clusterinstallation ">' class="value-name-list_item">
    <i class="item statusicon icon sensq"></i>
    <span class="value"><#objectstatus name="partialdownsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0"/></span>
    <span class="item name"><#lang key="common.strings.nodestates.onsPartialDown" default="Down (Partial)"/></span>
  </a>
  <a href="/sensors.htm?filter_status=4" class="value-name-list_item">
    <i class="item statusicon icon sensy"></i>
    <span class="value"><#objectstatus name="warnsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0"/></span>
    <span class="item name"><#lang key="common.strings.nodestates.onsWarning" default="Warning"/></span>
  </a>
  <a href="/sensors.htm?filter_status=10" class="value-name-list_item">
    <i class="item statusicon icon sensp"></i>
    <span class="value"><#objectstatus name="unusualsens" id="@objid" varexpand="id" show="textraw" valueifempty="0"/></span>
    <span class="item name"><#lang key="common.strings.nodestates.onsUnusual" default="Unusual"/></span>
  </a>
</div>

Note that the block with sensors.htm?filter_status=13 is missing, which will exclude the acknowledged Sensors.

Created on Jul 3, 2019 10:34:22 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 3, 2019 12:49:12 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, thnx for the information. I followed the steps described, and indeed i have now a custom donut. But the thing is that the acknowledge alarms are not shown in the legend part next to the donut, but the donut itself still displays the number of the acknowledged alarms.

Rgds Benny

Created on Jul 3, 2019 12:10:10 PM

Votes:

I've updated the code snippet above to reflect what you asked for. Note that this is all the customizing advice we can give here, since we usually don't assist in the creation of custom map objects.

Created on Jul 3, 2019 12:50:25 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi @Stephen,

I made this with a dounat sensor, I followed your instructions exactly since I wanna asee how I could do it, but I made a copy of the html -files and copied your content to my new file \webroot\includes\donut_alarms_only_noack.htm like you suggest. I did the steps copying the files etc, but what I am suppose to do next? when I add it to map, do I need add the sensor normaly (is it suppose to be showing on the menu?) or do I add the Custom html sensor and call the html somehow so it will show it..

Sorry, I feel stupid since im new with all of this. Hopely you can help me figure it out what am I suppose to do next.. :)

Best Regards, Matti

Created on Jul 6, 2020 7:49:53 AM

Votes:

Hello Matti,

The object should work with your sensors. You just need to add the group/device to that object.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Jul 6, 2020 9:07:47 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Okay, I got it working! It seems to be now only 3 states, but snce I got now custom htm -file, which colums do I need to change to get status for Finnish on the code part.. I really wanna change the names as well since its working now.. but clearly this need to be in Included file.. but don't wanna break it again. :)

Thanks once more!

best regards, Matti

Created on Jul 6, 2020 10:26:48 AM

Last change on Jul 6, 2020 4:34:28 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Matti,

Please note that we usually don't assist in the creation of custom map objects. For more detailed information about our position towards customizing, please take a look at here.

Kind regards

Felix Wiesneth - Team Tech Support

Created on Jul 6, 2020 4:39:06 PM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, thanks

Created on Jul 7, 2020 4:52:46 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.