What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Dell IDRAC 9 Template

Votes:

I'm looking for a template for Dell System Health via iDRAC 9. The built in 'Dell System Health' iDRAC sensor is not working for me, adding this creates a blank sensor with no channels defined. I'm querying the iDRAC directly and I am able to read SNMP data successfully (such a uptime).

Cheers.

dell idrac idrac9 template

Created on Jul 3, 2019 9:26:47 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Do you get any errors with the System Health channel? Like OID not found or something the like? We're likely required to transform this into a support ticket, as we need logs from our SNMP Tester against the device. Could you open up a support inquiry via [email protected], referencing to this thread? That'd be much appreciated :)

Created on Jul 3, 2019 10:14:16 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Actually, I may have jumped the gun. For the first 15 minutes I was getting 'no channels defined' on the sensor, however after checking back on it again, all channels are appearing and working successfully.

Created on Jul 3, 2019 10:29:56 AM

Votes:

Nice, glad to hear it works now! :)

Created on Jul 3, 2019 12:48:04 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.