What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Suggestions for monitoring a gas station

Votes:

Friends I have knowledge about PRTG but now I have a gas station where I have implemented PRTG but to monitor the network issue and I want to integrate to monitor the UPS, the temperature in the gas pumps will monitor the fuel level, and other factors, if you see someone has already done it or knows how to do it would be very helpful

iot prtg-network-monitor prtg15

Created on Jul 12, 2019 5:14:12 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Marco,

In PRTG you are able to monitor any device that supports the SNMP protocol. There are many customer with several custom implementations of any kind. If your UPS and gas pumps have network connection, they may support the SNMP monitoring protocol. In order to know for sure you can contact the manufacturer of those devices or consult the Manual.

If the device supports SNMP, you can ask the manufacturer to provide an MIB file which contains the OID (Object Id) of the settings that can be monitored on that device. If you have the MIB you can follow this detailed Guide on how to import it to PRTG and create a custom sensor for your requirements.

Created on Jul 15, 2019 2:25:02 PM by  Jonathan Mena [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.