What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I change the values for Traffic Total sensor?

Votes:

Hi. I have a 12 mbps internet connection that I want to check, but the default sensor range is 84,968 kbit/s. I want to modify it to 14000 kbit/s

bandwidthsensor sensor snmptrafficsensor

Created on Jul 15, 2019 2:54:30 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello Hans,

Could you please share a screenshot to illustrate where you exactly see these 84,968 kbit/s? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 16, 2019 10:18:23 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix, thanks for your reply.

I don´t see a option to attach the screenshot. But if you can, here´s a link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KHSEOcFVYu9i8vDh3Dh5_vo9PZhmfuEh

Created on Jul 19, 2019 12:57:23 PM

Votes:

Hello Hans,

That clarifies it, thanks! The values on the right side of the graphs are the maximal values which were measure by PRTG. As the total channel displays the sum of the in- and outgoing traffic, you can click on the in- and outgoing traffic channel and enable the "Spike Filter" here. This will then also affect the gauge of the total traffic channel.

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 22, 2019 6:17:32 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.