What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Concept Multiple Users

Votes:

Hi

We started to roll out our PRTG environment to the whole department. Therefore my idea was to create groups for each responsible person with a link to a usergroup. this is needed, that only the responsible person is getting notified when a problem occurs.

sometimes it is needed, that a user is linked in multiple groups. (Active Directory)

and this is my problem. some useres are only visible in one group...

how do you solve this problem?

BR Thomas

activedirectory group notification

Created on Jul 17, 2019 11:05:50 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi Thomas,

You need to add the users to multiple groups within Active Directory and add these groups to PRTG as well. After logging out and logging in, the users will be a member of multiple groups and you can continue the configuration of the same :)

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 17, 2019 11:30:26 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Stephan

Thanks for your reply - that's exactly what I did. But it is not working properly...

A User A was assigned to Group "X" since a few months. Now a new group "Y" has been created and user A has been assigned to this group inside of Active Directory.

After group Y has been created inside of PRTG only another user B is a member of this group.

BR Thomas

Created on Jul 18, 2019 7:55:54 AM

Votes:

Did the user logout and log into PRTG again after the group has been added to PRTG?

Created on Jul 18, 2019 8:06:18 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes multiple times. I created the group yesterday and we have tried it just half an hour ago...

Created on Jul 18, 2019 8:07:45 AM

Votes:

Could you hit Setup | System Administration | Administrative Tools | Clear Caches, and have the users log in again - are the group memberships shown correctly then?

Created on Jul 18, 2019 8:37:31 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.