What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Audible Alerts on Web Interface not working in kiosk mode / fullscreen WIN 7

Votes:

Hi all,

I am trying to setup PTRG web interface on a Windows 7 client while running chrome in kiosk mode / full screen so our department can see our maps on a large screen tv. I have tried the following solutions:

• Restarting Chrome
  • Restarting client
  • Checking settings in Chrome everything is correctly configured (in normal browser "mode" it takes 15 to 20 minutes till any audible alert makes noise?).
  • Trying different browsers

Sorry for my english!

audio chrome win7

Created on Jul 17, 2019 1:33:07 PM

Last change on Jul 17, 2019 1:43:44 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Votes:

Dear Customer,

To use audible alarms on your map, you have to use the status and audible alert map object. You'll find this map object in the Map Designer under Properties | Status Icons . You can create this map object per drag n' drop. Afterwards please check the scanning interval of the map. If you have selected a refresh interval of 15 minutes. Then the sound will be played after the next refresh.

Kind regards,
Marijan Horsky, Tech Support Team

Created on Jul 18, 2019 7:44:41 AM by  Marijan Horsky [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you so much! It finally works.

Created on Jul 22, 2019 7:51:26 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.